The yacht charter industry is well-established and works closely with local associations and government bodies to ensure that they are adhering to the highest levels of safety. There are many eyes watching the yacht charter industry and those involved know that they must take proper action or return to closed borders and lost revenue.
Each management company, crew and/or owner have enhanced their safety protocols to include but not limited to:
- Cleaning and hygiene regimes based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization’s (WHO) guidance.
- Placards throughout the yacht to remind everyone to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, etc.
- Daily temperature checks to include the crew.
- Open conversations with the crew daily about how they are feeling.
- Crew will wear masks if required by the guests.